Menu & Food Trends Report 2018
150+ pages of insights and data, providing in-depth analysis of consumers’ food & drink choices; menu composition, pricing and engineering; as well as the eating out trends to watch out for
In 2018, underlying motivations revolve around responsibility – from healthier food & drink choices, to sensible spending and sustainability.
The number of vegetarian and vegan dishes being flagged on menus is soaring. Consumers are more conscious about their health and the environment, choosing to eat less red meat and traditional heavier meals, and have more white meat and salad dishes.
In parallel, operators are being sensitive to the prevailing pressures on consumers’ disposable income. They are generally opting for subdued price rises and increased promotional activity.
This 150+ page report delivers extensive data and analysis on UK menu and food trends, answering key questions such as:
- Which new dishes are appearing on menus?
- Which dishes and cuisines are most popular and why?
- How have prices evolved compared to 2017?
- How do operators use psychological pricing?
- Which menu descriptors are most widely used and how do they impact pricing?
- How has promotional activity and usage evolved over the last few years?
- How do eating out behaviours differ by age groups and gender?
- Are consumers refraining from eating starters and desserts?
- Which food and beverage trends have become more established, and which ones have peaked?
- Who are the innovative operators to watch?
- Which are the latest warm and hot trends to look out for?
Examples of insights from the report
237% more dishes are flagged as vegan on 2018 menus
Hungry Horse offers the most promotional deals of any leading pub or restaurant brand
Women are more likely to have no drink at all than an alcoholic drink
Extracts from the report
How can operators and suppliers use the report:
- Align your food and drink offering to current and emerging consumer preferences
- Optimise your pricing strategy
- Augment the appeal of your menu via skillful menu phrasing and dish labelling
- Get inspiration from successful operators
Download the report preview brochure
Please contact MCA on 01293 610343
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for the full table of contents and pricing information.